Per the Personnel Department, some City of Los Angeles employees have been authorized to telecommute. Connect2LACity is software that allows those employees working from home to access their work computer including full access to any installed software, files, shared drives, and more.
To begin using Connect2LACity, please contact your department's IT support desk for access and installation instructions. Then, simply follow the instructions in the user guide that will be sent to you.
Important Notes Before Leaving Work:
- DO NOT turn your computer off. In order to access your work computer from your home computer, it is important that your work computer be left on.
- Make sure you take note your work computer's "Full Computer Name" and "Domain".
How to Get Your Work's Computer Name
- On your work computer, click the Windows start menu icon in the lower left corner of your desktop.
- Type “This PC” in the search area at the bottom left of the window. If a search box does not immediately appear, start typing “This PC” and the search area will appear.
- An icon named "This PC" will appear. Right click on the “This PC” icon and click on "Properties".
- Search for the Full Computer Name and Domain. This will be under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings. Each computer’s name is different, but will follow the format of "pcname.exampledomain.com".
- Write the computer’s full name and domain down or take a photo with your smartphone to note this name.
Please check spam folders when expecting emails regarding password reset, account activation, or instruction materials.